The Daily Adventures of Training for My First IRONMAN

Friday, August 26, 2011

Two Weeks. Ready....set... FLY.

Last post was in July. I'm a slacker. Clearly my schedule has picked up and left no time for blogging. But, the good news is that less blogging equals more training and more recruiting! The adventure started nine months ago and today I am two weeks and one day away from race day. Whew! And the admission cycle for the DePauw class of 2012 is already in full motion. Oh, how I wish I had a magic pause button sometimes.

On a run a few days ago I admitted to Coffin that my life feels fake. I can't believe that I'm actually attempting an Ironman and I can't believe I'm starting my second year of employment at DePauw. Didn't all this just start yesterday.........?  Time is going by so quickly that my life feels fabricated. Not only am I fortunate enough to travel to Wales, but in the last months of 2011 I will also get to travel to: (the list is long enough to use a colon.)

India (yes! the country)
Colorado
Arizona
Texas
Portugal
and hopefully GERMANY!**

Fake-life. Hopefully, reality will sink in as I board the first plane of many on September 6th direction: Tenby, Wales!!

 I also wanted to share the most recent itinerary for race week: Race Day Itinerary

Finally, a few people have asked whether they will be broadcasting the race. I don't think they will be broadcasting this race in the States or even online. But, I am pretty sure that you will be able to follow me by my bib number. When I get my bib number and more information about how to follow I'll make sure to send out a quick post with details.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Watts, just wanted to see how your race went?
    I'm putting together my own blog training diary (FoxontheMove.blogspot.com), did a search and found yours! Turns out we used the same image in the background ;) .

    Anyway I hope the race went well. Was it your first Ironman? Im just getting into triathlon myself (that damn swimming just kills me), and I love how upbeat and motivated you seem in your posts.

    Anyway best of Luck

    ReplyDelete